Saturday, August 21, 2010

Youth Olympic Games (Opening Ceremony 2010)



[Sponsored Advertorial]

Very very honored & privileged this year to have this rare opportunity to be invited by Samsung (THE MAIN SPONSOR FOR YOG) to the opening ceremony of the Singapore Youth Olympic.

Received my YOG opening pass 3 days before the actual date and I'm fascinated by the brilliant design of the "VISA card" style!  Can be use as EZ-Link too ehhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Photobucket

Multi purpose card, can be use to pay for many different things. I'm not going into details explaining the ability of what the card can do but you can always browse other site for more informations if you're interested. :)



Photobucket


FYL, if you don't know when is the YOG opening date & location, it's on the 14th August 2010 , 7.30PM, Marina Bay Floating Platform.

Hahahahaahahhahah! By the time you check your calendar, the date has already passed for so many days lo!

It will be the JOKE of the day if any of you checks your calendar for the date!!!!! :P:P:P


Photobucket

Looking smart on that day. Geared up readily for the exciting YOG opening show displaying lots of passion to watch those performances.

I was the first to arrive there you know??? I'm bloody "EARLY"!! :D

Was suppose to meet Feliza & Ashton at the Esplanade but both of them came a little later than me so without further delay, I went passed the gates and took a stroll below the floating platform without them first. 


Photobucket

"The Excited expression of mine"

Bought some snacks before I went to find my seat at the floating platform, and while I was walking to the entrance, I saw the 2 adorable YOG mascot below!! Couldn't resist but to take photos with them..................... *Giggles*


Photobucket

YOG Direction board

Photobucket

"The main stage" Before the start of the opening ceremony.


Photobucket


Photobucket

View from my seat.


Photobucket


Country flags.



Photobucket


Photobucket

Bloggers never fails to cam-whore!


Photobucket

With Feliza & Ashton!

Photobucket

Joined in the cam-whore fun tooooo!!  Muhahahaha!


Photobucket


"Few strains of hair dropping down"

So I can conclude, WAX NOT STRONG ENOUGH! HAHAHAHAH! 


Photobucket

Almost 7.30pm! *Ka-Ching*! Going to start sooooooooooooooon!

I was excited enough to keep holding on to my camera when I saw the stage lights brighten up because I thought before the start of the show, I would see fireworks!!! Hahahahaaa.....

Not me alone actually. Many people did locked their cameras high up onto the sky because we heard rumours saying that there will be full lots of fireworks being blasted up into the sky so the gullible me actually believed them and waited lor...


T-Y-P-I-C-A-L.

But after awhile I did not ok? I decided to sit down and enjoy the show :)

Photobucket


Anyway, they started the show using these cute little YOG mascot animations to draw the crowd's attention! In short, they are spreading some messages to us without involving any emcee! 

Very creative!!


Photobucket

After the introduction, up next was the dance performances...


Photobucket


Photobucket

Post National Day celebration???

.
.
.

Of course not! But when everyone raised the Singapore flag, first questions that struck me was " Is this a post-NDP celebration"... very similar to NDP right!

Even the Emcee Daniel Ong was wearing RED that day. 

Perhaps, Me as a Singaporean might have this feeling that it's NDP... but maybe our foreign guests might have different view on this (:


Photobucket


Photobucket

Enthusiastic crowds

Photobucket


Switzerland's fan!

Photobucket



Photobucket


Was given this Pigeon torch as well! As they say, Pigeon represent Peace.


Photobucket

Random!!! :)

Photobucket


...the performance continues and the image above was something about Chinese cultural dance...

Photobucket

Malay cultural dance...

Anyway what they performed was according to the theme of Singapore. Like there's Malay, Chinese & Indian performances, History of Singapore eg. How Singapore become what we are today & many more!
There's storyline to follow and the flow of the entire show was pretty remarkable! (:


Photobucket

Did you saw that Olympic Symbol?!?!?!?!?!

HAHAHAHAAHAHAH! So amazing!!!!!!!! 

Photobucket

I'm super duper hungry that day because before I went for the Opening Ceremony, I headed to my friend's house to surprise her as that day was her birthday! 

Then then then... Didn't eat much before that!! And after her birthday celebration I immediately rush down to the floating platform already! I couldn't even bring food or water pass through the gate you knowwwwww? That's very bad. 

They want us to buy food inside there and every single item they sell was pretty expensive. Nevertheless, I still went ahead to buy some prawn crackers to fill my empty tummy because I haven't had dinner and I'm fungry!

After eating for quite sometime, I saw this twin headed prawn cracker! Haha!  


Photobucket


Photobucket

Y-Shape twin headed cracker.

Hahahahaha! Maybe you can say I'm lame or boliao ah, but I've got no idea why when I saw this Y-shape twin headed cracker, I became so happy about it and kept telling my friends to look at that. 

It's not that interesting to you guys, but it's interesting to me leyyyy! I'm wierd I know. LOL!!




Flag Ceremony + Fireworks

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


P/s: I only posted 1 picture of the fireworks because I've got too many fireworks picture and I think all fireworks are equally as beautiful. That's why only 1 picture to share with you guys!!! Hehehe...


Photobucket

Monster performance.

Photobucket

Sparks blasting off from the stage!

Photobucket

Sailor Darren Choy lighted the gigantic torch shortly after the "Mini" YOG torch flame was passed to him from other athletics of Singapore.

I wished I've got a better camera resolution whereby I could zoom more and the picture will still be equally as clear as those close up images. Didn't managed to have clear pictures of the lighting up of that gigantic torch but the best picture I could capture was the picture BELOW! :):):)


Photobucket

My Best picture of the lighted YOG torch!

Zoomed x12 and that's the best image quality I could capture with my lousy outdated camera! Argggghhh!... I really need to get a better camera soon already! Can't stand the bad distorted images. :(


Photobucket


Representative of many different participating countries in the YOG


Photobucket

End of show.

Photobucket

Feliza with the YOG torch as background.

Photobucket


Me with the YOG torch as background tooooo!♥

That's the end of my memorable experience for the Youth Olympic Games Opening Ceremony on 14th August 2010!

If you think that my informations aren't that detailed (because I blogged with a brief description of bits & pieces of everything), head over to other blogger's blog to check out their experiences & say regarding the Opening ceremony!

Or, you can simply Google " YOG Opening Ceremony " to find more informations about it! 

Enjoy reading ;)

P/s/s: Don't forget to join the Samsung Singapore Facebook group for more informations about YOG!!! - http://www.facebook.com/SamsungSingapore



No comments: