Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Pencil Drawing & Random Stuffs!


Social Life in China has been awesome during my stay. Whenever I feel hungry at times, I would visit any food street stores to cater my needs.

Not to worry that I will go hungry because everywhere in the city sells food!

This is not exceptional...


Photobucket

Red-Bean Kuey.....

These red bean kuey may looked ordinary, like those we bought at those market in Singapore. Dry and creamy type...

But these kuey from China are totally different! When you propped the red bean paste into your mouth, you can feel it's freshness and juicy piping hot red bean paste flowing around your tongue! Yummmmyyyyyy!

I've been thinking all these while... SGD 50 cents for 3 kuey... Cheap! :)

Where to find?


Photobucket

Yasha with her bowl of Ice-cream!

As you can see from the background, everywhere around us are food street that sells all kind of food!


Photobucket

Steam wanton

Tried both different types of veggie wanton and shrimp wanton. I like the shrimp wanton best because for me I'm more of a carnivore and not herbivore.

I eat meat more than veggie!

After strolling the entire food street for food, we came across this:


Photobucket

Do you remember seeing this in Singapore?

I don't recall myself seeing any street artist sitting down on the street and draw people's face in Singapore, did I recall correctly?



Photobucket

Somewhat I have this feeling that someone is going to tell me that he/she had saw it before...

Somewhat I still have this feeling that I've seen it before around Ngee Ann City area... Can't recall clearly.

But whatever it is, these artist deserved a respect from us! Drawing cartoon is tough let alone drawing human face! (For me la! Not sure about the rest)



Photobucket

I was fascinated by human face art so I sat down in front of the Artist immediately. The entire process took around 20mins and I paid only SGD$4!!!

Can you imagine the piece of art cost only $4?! Haaahaaa...



Photobucket


At first I was damn paiseh because the crowd increased bit by bit. So after 10mins of sitting down on the mini stool, more crowds were drawn closer to take a close look at me and some of them were flashing their cameras at me!!

Totally make me feels like I'm sort of an animal and I'm being watched by so many random passerby.

Photobucket


Look like my eyes right? Lovely!♥



Photobucket


Final touch-up!



Photobucket

...after 20mins of sitting down on the mini stool

My twin on the paper is finally done!

I won't say that the final outcome looked exactly like me but I do give a rating of 7/10 alike! Eg, Only my eyes and mouth looks alike.



Photobucket


Jun Kai gives it a try tooooooo!



Photobucket


His art-piece looks more alike than mine! I gave his final outcome a rating of 9/10 similar to his face! Totally amazing! :)





Photobucket


Roamed around Hankou for the entire afternoon with Yasha, FengHeng and JunKai as we're waiting for the rest of our friends to go to the Night market!!!

Nothing beats cam-whoring.


Photobucket


Under the lamplight!


Photobucket

Half-way while walking along the busy street...


Photobucket


Sometimes to stop and cam-whore kills time. Let's say with just a few photos can kill prolly about 10mins?

We're awesomeee! :D


Photobucket

Dee.dee.dee...

We took 15mins to get ready and took 2 shots of pictures.

W.O.N.D.E.R.F.U.L!


P/s: Night market was fantastic! I learnt how to bargin for good deal when I'm at the Night Market. Learnt how to prevent the locals from cheating tourist's money, learnt how to get discounts and stuffs...

P/s/s: Totally makes me feel like a Kia-Su Auntie during my stay in china! But obviously not back in Singapore..............



THE NEXT DAY, Woke up pretty early to have my haircut!


Photobucket

Yasha being my tour guide as usual, she brought me to the Hair Salon for my haircut.



Photobucket

Didn't have faith in the hairdresser over there at first because I'm afraid that I might not be used to their style of hair cutting.

I was lead by the hairdresser to the washing bay first to wash my hair before cutting! So he shampooed my hair and blow it dry before cutting my hair.

I'm amazed by their way of cutting hair you know?

In Singapore, the hairdresser would cut your hair already then wash it clean right? But why is it the other way round??? In general, I would say the procedure should be like that la!



Photobucket

Looks nice...


Photobucket

*Snipp Snipp...*



Photobucket


Almost done! Just a final wax up and I'm done!


Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Hairstylist!

Eh eh... Though it looks nice after the haircut, but few days later everything went back to a big mess again!

Wasn't quite satisfied with my hair because I find my hair too thick and long still. But again, it's affordable.

Whole process took 45mins and it cost SGD$3 for the haircut + wash!



Photobucket


"Feels like home when you heard Singaporean speaks Singlish in the random shop of a random shopping mall in China"

-Found another Ngee Ann Poly team in Wuhan! It's rare and hard to find people from Singapore and it totally makes me feel that China is as small as Singapore for that moment! ;P



Photobucket

Random shots with Rou-Xuan.


Photobucket

La Bi Xiao Xin's sister!


Photobucket

CJ-7!

Many said that she looked like CJ-7 and La Bi Xiao Xin. Ok which is which! O_O



Mr Wee's Treat


Photobucket

Would like to thank my lecturer for this Japanese cuisine treat before we fly back to Singapore.

Treating 21 people isn't really cheap and this treat comes from his pocket and entirely from his pocket.

No school funds or what-so-ever! Really grateful for his treat and his awesomeness for bringing a bunch of "Monkeys" to China. Worst of all, we gave him so much trouble yet he still can tolerate our nonsenses and he still treat us so goooooood! :D

-Best Lecturer award, He have my vote!- hahaha...


Photobucket


Favourite at all times: Water-Melon Juice!


Photobucket


Sushiiiii



Photobucket



Photobucket


Unagi




***


Our collection of water supply for the past 6 weeks for survival


Photobucket

A lot more tho... This is only 1/3 of everything! :)



Photobucket

Never forget this toooo........ Hahahahahaha! (♥)


Since you know that "Tour Guide" is free for me, I should at least do something in return for the tour guide and the least I could do is to invite her to our hostel to chill right?


Photobucket

Did so!


Photobucket

To remember my wonderful friend in China, Yasha, I made her a special photo frame with wordings written by me at the back of the photo that night.

Totally couldn't express my feelings while writing that night. Mind's in a big mess. Argh.


Photobucket

Well at least I made one for her and she made one for me. We both had the same photo frame with the same photo and at the back of the picture, we both wrote messages for one another.

How sweeeeeet! (♥)

Just in case anybody says I didn't learn much from China, all I did was to relax and enjoy.

YOU ARE WRONG!

At the very least, I learn how to maintain a strong friendship with others and I won't forget those who treated me good especially when I'm in need of a lot of help, showing care and concern.

That's how I express my gratitude towards people who treat me good! Hehe...

No comments: